RSVP Now to join us on March 28 from 5:30-7PM for our On Campus Open House!
The Human Resource Management track within the MSM program is designed to provide current and aspiring managers working in any department or organization with a deeper understanding of the role, tools, and techniques of the HR function in managing human capital.
The program consists of a total of 12 courses, or 36 semester credits. Students must earn at least a 'B' grade point average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) - both overall and on final projects completed as part of the capstone course.
Core courses within the M.S.M. program include the following:
- MSM 501 Communicating Effectively as a Manager
- MSM 505 Project Management
- MSM 514 Leadership Foundations
- MSM 525 Spirit of Enterprise
- MSM 533 Human Resource Management and Strategy
- MSM 619 Strategic Planning and Implementation
- MSM 652 Managerial Decision-Making: Finance and Budgeting
- MSM 674 Master's Capstone: Research, Synthesis, Applications
Students pursuing the Human Resource Management track must complete
four of the following courses:
- MSM 523 Legal Environment of Human Resource Management
- MSM 543 Labor-Management Relations
- MSM 564 Compensation and Benefits
- MSM 566 Human Resource Development and Training
- MSM 627 Human Resource Information Systems and Communication