RSVP Now to join us on March 28 from 5:30-7PM for our On Campus Open House!
The M.S.M. program's Leadership and Management track is unique in its focus on skills-development. Building on the strong academic foundation of the M.S.M. program's core curriculum, the focus of the Leadership and Management track courses is to provide students with a better conceptual understanding of leadership, to help them identify opportunities for their own development, and - ultimately - to facilitate the emergence of a better leader-manager.
The program consists of a total of 12 courses, or 36 semester credits. Students must earn at least a 'B' grade point average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) - both overall and on final projects completed as part of the capstone course.
Core courses within the M.S.M. program include the following:
• MSM 501 Communicating Effectively as a Manager
• MSM 505 Project Management
• MSM 514 Leadership Foundations
• MSM 525 Spirit of Enterprise
• MSM 533 Human Resource Management and Strategy
• MSM 619 Strategic Planning and Implementation
• MSM 652 Managerial Decision-Making: Finance and Budgeting
• MSM 674 Master's Capstone: Research, Synthesis, Applications
Students within the Leadership track also complete four of the following courses:
• MSM 508 Risk Management
• MSM 543 Labor-Managment Relations
• MSM 560 Business Law
• MSM 562 Operations Management
• MSM 566 Human Resource Development and Training
• MSM 627 Human Resource Information Systems and Communication
• MSM 647 Leading Organizational Change
• MSM 681 Consultative Professional Sales